So, my blogiversary was in July which coincided with a mini-hiatus I had decided to take. So yes, this is a bit of a delayed post. Moreover, I kept delaying it because I wasn’t sure what to post about.. except:
So far, the blogging fatigue hasn’t set it yet, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn’t anytime soon.
- It is a great hobby to just pick up and invest in … and kill boredom!!! You don’t have to spend money to learn it, or travel or go outdoors.
- It must be the only hobby or passion that is all about “documenting” other hobbies or passions that you have .. be it reading, photography, cooking or anything else.
- You can find people with opinions about whatever you are interested in.. which is pretty hard to find in real life. Well sure, you can find a couple or a few, but I am talking about an entire community. Well, yes, there are clubs, groups etc. you can organize or take part in but this is like a 24*7 meeting ground. And, perfect for those who are introverts in real life or who just enjoy the degree of anonymity provided by blogging.
- When I started the blog, I went in blind. I didn’t check out too many book blogs and I was so out of touch with what’s happening in the world of fiction. Except well, maybe literary fiction, psychological thrillers and the super-hyped books that end up getting made into movies. So, blogging not just got me out of a reading slump specific to certain genres but also helped me discover books that I might have otherwise not have come across.
- Read a few completed fantasy series.
- Read diverse books – And by diversity I mean not just authors or character ethnicities but also stories set in different countries.
- Umm… stop entering so many giveaways. Because I either win nothing or half a dozen at a time. Right now, I am trying to play catch up as my TBR mostly comprises of these books.
- Try and come up with more bookish musings/discussion posts. Well, basically more non-review posts.
- Comment on other blogs. Well, I am lot better at this now than I used to be.
- NOT review every book that I read. Once again, I am getting much better at this these days.
A lot of it will depend on how much time I will be able to devote to reading this year. If I can’t, then I would cut down the reviewing so that I can read more and maybe come up with other kind of summary/wrap-up posts.
Thanks y’all so much for sticking by!
(image credit: clipartkid.com)