Thanks Betty (@bookishregards) for nominating me! Do check out her blog, it is wonderful and she posts on a lot of different things! My favorite is her “Daily Prompts” section.
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two advice to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
Why did I start this blog?
Well, as I mentioned in my blogoversary post, all the free time, the library (and oh, also a gift-wrapped kindle waiting for me..) prompted me to not just get back to reading, but also try blogging.
For all the new bloggers:
- If you are going through a “blogger’s block” or don’t have posts or reviews ready, memes are a great way to break the rut. Especially the ones which are not topic-based but work more like book recommendations – like Teaser Tuesdays or Waiting on Wednesdays.
- Don’t try starting a dozen things all at once – I mean, don’t open a Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin account all in one day. Start with twitter (which is the best and the most convenient one) and maybe one other social media account and test the waters – see whether you have the time, inclination and interest to keep it updated and running. Then, slowly try other ones.
I am tagging:
Jacquie and Gina (@rattlethestarssite)
Caitlin and Cynthia (@shelfiepodcast)
and everyone else reading reading this.
(Feel free to skip it if you have already done it or don’t feel like doing it 🙂 )